The Limited Edition sports the following in-game multiplayer bonuses:
- Bonus XP - Players will jump into multiplayer battles with an edge by starting with enough experience points to gain early access to all 5 preset class load-outs.
- SCAR Hologram Decoy - This special attachment to the SCAR will project a hologram image of the player, allowing them to confuse their opponents with the decoy.
- SCAR Weapon Skin - This digital camouflage skin will allow players to add a personalized touch to one of the more popular assault rifles in the game.
- Platinum Dog Tag - This special one-of-a-kind dog tag is one of over 250 that will be collectible in Crysis 2 multiplayer, helping to separate you from the rest of the field.
A multiplayer beta will also run in the fall on the Xbox 360 and two of the multiplayer modes have been revealed. They are "Crash Site"--a capture and hold gametype--and "Team Instant Action"--a standard team deathmatch offering.
The multiplayer game will make use of customizable "Nanosuit Modules", three of which are now known:
- Weapons Specialist Module - With the Weapons Specialist ability, the player can reload his weapons both more efficiently and quicker.
- Proximity Alarm Module - With the Proximity Alarm module attached, the Nanosuit gives audio feedback whenever an enemy approaches. This allows the player to sneak up on or evade their attacker, depending on their preferred tactics.
- Enhanced Visor Module - With the Enhanced Visor module attached, the Nanosuit prominently highlights all enemies whenever they are detected through digital scopes.