The new game is being developed by a team of developers responsible for the original game: Hiroshi Minagawa (Director), Akihiko Yoshida (Character Design), Yasumi Matsuno (Game Design), Hitoshi Sakimoto and Masaharu Iwata (Composers).
"Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, is being reborn from the ground up, with reworked visuals and effects, a re-arranged soundtrack by the original composers, new character growth mechanics and a new Wheel of Fortune system that adds even more replay value to the game."
How about a features list from the press release? Sure!
- From the creators of FINAL FANTASY TACTICS, VAGRANT STORY and FINAL FANTASY XII. The original TACTICS OGRE development team reform to revitalize their iconic title.
- Tactical, turn-based battles are brought to life with stunning graphics, sounds and animation.
- New 3D maps that enhance the concept of height and improved battle engine, offering more compelling and realistic battles than ever before.
- Uncover the truth in a gripping tale of intrigue, betrayal and heroism.
- Near-endless customization and hundreds of abilities to choose from.
- New characters not included in the original game
- New Battle Skill ability, adds to the range of play beyond Magic and Special abilities
- New graphics, music, gameplay and much more make this the definitive version of TACTICS OGRE.
- New and improved visuals that create a TACTICS OGRE experience with more detail than ever before.
- Re-arranged soundtrack from the original composers including 15 new compositions.
The game's release date will be revealed at a later date, but like most Square Enix releases we can probably expect it to release in Japan before it becomes available in North America or Europe.