In commemoration of Mac owners getting the game and PC owners getting the update, Valve has briefly discounted the multiplayer shooter by 66%, making it $6.80.
As with Valve's other Steam for Mac releases, those that already own the game on Steam for PC will be able to download a free copy of the Mac version, with those that buy the game getting both versions for the price of one. Additionally, Counter-Strike: Source supports cross-platform play, enabling PC and Mac gamers to play together.
As for the changes the update brings, look no further than below:
Updates to Counter-Strike: Source have been released and the game is now available on the Mac. To celebrate this update, Counter-Strike: Source will be on sale for 66% off until Friday. For more information, click here. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
- 144 achievements added
- New lifetime player stats and summary screens
- New match player stats and summary screens
- New end of round display with MVP and interesting fact about a player
- Updated scoreboard with new icons, visual style, MVP stars, and avatar pictures
- New cinematic death camera
- New domination and revenge system
- Added avatar icons to voice chat, scoreboard, and end of round display
- Incorporated many source engine updates
- Disallowed the use of arbitrary command strings for the message of the day screen. Now only a specific list of commands is allowed.
- Addressed issue in which AWPs and Scouts sometimes did not make the zooming sound.
- cvar mat_showlowresimage is now a cheat command.
- Many development console commands which would crash the server removed.
- Updated source engine addresses many issues:
- Better flashlight effect
- Better HDR behavior
- Multicore rendering support
- Added sv_disablefreezecam cvar to turn off the freezecam on a server.
- Added sv_nonemesis cvar to turn off domination/revenge on a server.
- Added sv_nomvp cvar to turn off MVP stars on a server.
- Added sv_nostats cvar to turn off stats on a server.
- Removed -tickrate command line option and defaulted tick rate to 66 rather than 33. This addressed a number of issues, including:
- Tick rate affecting how fast doors open / close
- Tick rate causing players hitting the ground to stutter
- Tick rate affecting the firing mechanisms of certain guns
- Added the following cvars to allow players to customize their scoreboards.
- Changed the screen that appears when the message of the day fails to load to display proper error text.
- Made the CT silhouette for the auto-select option in the Choose a Class screen smaller and corrected its aspect ratio.
- Addressed a problem that occasionally caused characters to be colored incorrectly on the Change a Class screen.
- Made ladders easier to climb. Added cvars sv_ladder_dampen and sv_ladder_angle.
- Fixed issue that awarded three points when the bomb explodes after the round ends by elimination criteria instead.
- Fixed issue in which you werent given credit for grenade damage if you fired a weapon at someone then hit them with a grenade (in that order). Also fixed problem in which grenading a player and then killing them with another weapon showed as *** in 1 on console.
- Theres now a priority order for displaying win conditions when multiple win conditions are set.
- If timelimit exists and is not 0, then show timelimit.
- If timelimit does not exist, show maxrounds if not 0.
- If both timelimit and maxrounds are 0, show winlimit.
- If timelimit, maxrounds, and winlimit are all 0, show nothing.
- Added a cvar to ignore win conditions: mp_ignore_round_win_conditions.