It's all part of what Valve's calling "The Mac Update" to the colorful multiplayer affair. In addition, those that play Team Fortress 2 on Mac before Monday, June 13 will get a "free limited edition set of in-game earbuds." BOOM video 5356
Don't be fooled by the naming of "The Mac Update," as everything it brings--short of being able to earn in-game earbuds--is likewise available on Team Fortress 2 PC. In fact, those that already own Team Fortress 2 PC will be able to download it on Mac for free, with both platforms using the same servers so that everyone can play together.
Team Fortress 2 Patch Notes
- Added Mac support.
- Overhauled the main menu, and added help to Loadout, Backpack, and Crafting screens.
- Added Training, with support for General gameplay & Soldier class training for now.
- Added Offline Practice mode, with support for KOTH maps and Dustbowl.
- The "Open Character Loadout" key will now go to your future class if you've requested a class change, but haven't respawned yet.
- Community Requests
- Added "mp_forceautoteam", a server convar that forces all joining players to autoteam.
- Added "mp_stalemate_meleeonly", a server convar that allows melee weapons only during stalemates.
- Added "ExtinguishPlayer" input to tf_player for map makers.