However, due to a teaser image shown at the end of the recent demo for Green Day: Rock Band (see top-story image), and a recent rumor that the game will sport a new keytar peripheral, it seems incredibly likely that some type of "ebony and ivory" control functionality will appear in Harmonix's next rhythm game.
We don't know exactly what the new peripheral will be, but that hasn't stopped us from cobbling together a speculative list of twenty bands that we feel would be well served by a keyboard-like controller. Of course, if it turns out to be a plastic accordion, just replace all of the following suggestions with Weird Al Yankovic's complete catalog.
Take a look (and a listen) to our suggestions. It's not a complete list, by any means, but don't let that stop you from leaving your own recommendations for keyboard-friendly bands you'd like to see included.
- Ben Folds - One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces
- Billy Joel - Piano Man
- The Cars - Moving in Stereo
- Ray Charles - What'd I Say (Parts 1 and 2)
- Coldplay - Trouble
- The Cure - The Lovecats
- Devo - Whip It
- The Doors - Break on Through
- Elton John - Rocket Man
- Herbie Hancock - Axel F
- Jack's Mannequin - Dark Blue
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls of Fire
- Joe Jackson - Steppin' Out
- John Legend - I Can Change
- Keane - Everybody's Changing
- Muse - Sunburn
- Stevie Wonder - Superstition
- Supertramp - Take the Long Way Home
- Tori Amos - Cornflake Girl
- Warren Zevon - Werewolves of London