Replacing the Scout's pistol, when drunk the Crit-a-Cola gives for six seconds the double-edged bonus of making all damage the imbiber gives and takes be mini-crits.
On the balance front, notable changes include toning down the Pyro's flamethrower damage while buffing its Air Blast and reducing minigun spin-up time for the Heavy.
The full list of changes from the April 28 update follows below.
Team Fortress 2
- Added new community map cp_freight
- Added missing physics models for several items
- Added jiggle bones to the Sam & Max items, and The Buff Banner
- Added Crit-a-Cola
- Linux optimizations.
- Fixed Linux servers not relisting correctly after a master server restart
- Fixed a case where servers could have "ghost" players consuming player slots
- Marked the "snd_show" convar as a cheat
- Pyro changes
- Flamethrower direct damage reduced 20%.
- Burn duration reduced (10 -> 6 seconds).
- Airblast re-fire delay reduced by 25%.
- Airblast ammo usage reduced by 20%.
- All reflected rockets/grenades/arrows now mini-crit.
- Airblasting enemies into environmental deaths now awards the death credit to the Pyro.
- Heavy changes
- Minigun spin-up/down time reduced by 25%
- Minigun firing movement speed increased to just under half-normal (from 80 to 110).
- Throwing a sandvich to a teammate now earns a full bonus point (was half a point).
- Bonk! changes
- Post-use movement penalty removed.
- Now has a re-use cooldown time, like The Sandman.
- The Chargin' Target changes
- Direct charge hit now does 50 damage + 10 per head (up to 5 heads).
- Capped the turn rate from +left and +right while charging.
- The Huntsman changes
- Removed restriction that arrows need to be aimed before they can be lit by a Pyro.
- Bow can now be lowered without losing the lit arrow.
- Changed bow so you can start charging it while you're jumping, but you can't fire until you're on the ground.
- Fixed bug where flame effect would get stuck on if you change weapons with a lit arrow.
- Backpack changes
- Moved Crafting button out to the root class/backpack selection panel.
- Dragging and dropping items in your backpack now makes appropriate sounds.
- Bot changes
- Bots don't retreat to gather health as readily if they are in combat.
- Bots no longer retreat when moving to block a point capture.
- Bots should now equip an appropriate combat weapon and fight while moving to collect health.
- Bots who are roaming the map and hunting now chase down their victims, following them around corners.
- Bots That fire projectiles (ie: rockets/grenades/etc) don't hold down their fire button for a minimum time. This was causing Soldier bots to fire rockets into nearby walls as they strafed, killing themselves.
- Soldiers bots now switch to their shotgun after firing all four rockets when engaging an enemy.
- Added a few more bot names from community suggestions.
- Fixed a behavior loop with Engineer metal gathering.
- The Sandman change
- Added a slight speed reduction to stunned players.
- Community requests
- Added ConVars log_verbose_enable and log_verbose_interval to report player positions in the server log at regular intervals
- log_verbose_enable default: 0
- log_verbose_interval default: 3 secs
- "Last-weapon" initialization on respawn now sets itself to be the melee weapon if you don't have a selectable secondary weapon (like The Razorback).
- Fixed an case where The Gunboats didn't apply their damage reduction properly.
- The amount count in the HUD now flashes red when you're low on ammo.
- Extinguishing a burning teammate now earns a full bonus point (was half a point).
- Fixed a permanent overheal exploit involving dispensers.
- Fixed a bug in spectator mode where the user aborted out of freezecam, setup a spec mode (like IN_EYE), and would then have the setting stomped after the freezecam timer expired.
- Fixed bug with disguised spy sometimes seeing his own name in the disguise status HUD.
- Fixed a client crash that could result from players with arrows embedded in them.
- Fixed items that can be worn by any class having the wrong model when worn by a disguised Spy.
- Added missing map prefixes to server browser game types.
- Killing yourself with your own sentry no longer increments the sentry's kill counter.
- Fixed dropped hats sometimes having the wrong team color.
- Fixed crit-boosted players not getting critical hits if their weapon has custom no-crit behavior.
- Fixed the achievement dialog taking a long time to pop up, and completed achievements now sort to the bottom of the list.
- Fixed Spies disguised as Medics hearing the autocaller sound.