The 'Highlander' mode limits teams to only one of each class for jolly action up to 9v9 where teams must strategise beyond throwing demomen at a problem.
Highlander has been played unofficially in TF2 for some time now, both spontaneously by players using the honour system and through server-side plugins created by fans to alter the game rules. There have even been competitive Highlander ladders.
The patch brings a handful of other changes, including fixes for maps added by the recent 'War' update. Valve recently announced it would be bringing player-created content into the game in another way, by adding cosmetic custom items.
Enabled Steam Cloud support for key bindings and custom spraypaint images
- Added Options->Multiplayer->Advanced option to toggle off/on: default is on
Team Fortress 2
Added new Highlander mode
- 9 players allowed per team
- Restricts each team to 1 of each class
- Use mp_highlander (0/1) to toggle off/on: default is 0
Added "bots" to the server's sv_tags convar if the server is running bots Fixed a weapon name localization issue Fixed the "tf_teamtalk" server convar not controlling text chat between living/dead teammates Updated the map CTF_DoubleCross
- Fixed the map not ending correctly when using mp_timelimit
- Changed to prevent Engineers from building on top of the shack in each base
Updated the map Arena_WatchTower
- Fixed a case where players could open and get stuck on the starting gates before the round start
- Improved clipping to prevent people from getting out of the map
- Optimized the map for better performance