As with all games on Steam, Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 will automatically download the latest patch--unless you've disabled the option, that is. The notes:
- Integrated with Steam overlay
- Uses Steam name
- Host/join games via bare-bones in-game lobby browser
- Can invite and join friends and other players via the Steam overlay
- Game attempts host migration
- Dedicated servers are not supported or planned
- Supports windowed mode with -w command line switch
Oddly, the notes initially claimed "Currently no way to create private games (will patch)," though this line has since been removed from the accompanying news post.
As for Rebellion's all-new Aliens vs. Predator game, that hits PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 come February 16, with the PC version utilizing Steam for matchmaking.