Previously, players holding the Care Package smoke grenade marker would move incredibly quickly. The patch also brings tweaks to match latency, improves player collision and corrects an oversight in the recent rebalancing of the Model 1887s.
Activision recently announced that Modern Warfare 2 has passed a whopping one billion dollars in estimated sales, while the multiple downloadable content packs slated for release this spring will surely swell its coffers even further.
There's no word yet from Infinity Ward on when these fixes will roll out to the console editions but for now you can look at the change list and dream.
- Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized
- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry
- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s
- Improved player collision removing cases of getting into geometry and 'elevators'
- Mouse latency tweaks for more mouse movement consistency
- Fixes to prevent various texture and XP hacks