Patch 1.05 adds a mini-campaign 'Eagle Wing,' set several years after the original ending and casting players as the pilot of an AH-64 Apache helicopter--also new in this patch.
Unlike previous patches--or any patch for almost any game, for that matter--the Patch 1.05 download can be used to update Steam installations of ARMA 2 too.
Other highlights of the patch include performance improvements, AI tweaks, bug fixes, Linux dedicated server support, a new multiplayer mode and the removal of DRM.
- Free bonus campaign Eagle Wing
- Free bonus helicopter addon AH-64D
- New Warfare multiplayer mode When Diplomacy Fails, including 3-sides and support for diplomacy between factions
- Major AI tweaking and balancing (better combat cooperation, better situational awareness, new Suppressive fire command)
- Significant performance improvements, especially in large cities
- Fixed compatibility problems under Windows Vista and Windows 7 x64 with 8 GB and more RAM
- Grass now provides concealment also in distance
- Improved hit detection and damage system
- Improved object visibility and less significant objects popping in distance
- Improved mouse input handling
- Spatial sound improvements
- Automatic launching of user made addons (units, missions etc.) via "pbo" file association with the game
- Possibility to switch between windowed and fullscreen mode at any time in game menus using Alt + Enter or through video options
- Various crash opportunities fixed
- Linux server support added
- New GUI to various dedicated server settings
- New GUI for multiplayer commands
- Enabled commanding during story conversations
- FreeTrack support using FreeTrackClient.dll
- DRM free
- Optional anti-cheat protection