The beta patch is intended to fix freezing issues for players with ATI Radeon 3000, 4000, and 5000 series video cards on both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7 and Vista.
What remains of Pandemic following EA's heavy layoffs, relocation and 'consolidation' warns that quad-core CPU users might suffer "significant streaming issues" without the following stopgap measure, promising it "is working on a fix for it in the next patch."
Users with Quad core CPU's will possibly have significant streaming issues without the following work around. The team is aware of this issue and is working on a fix for it in the next patch update. If you are running a Quad Core CPU please follow the steps below to set Game Only affinity on your CPU. While this will decrease the amount of streaming glitches, it is not a full proof fix.
Recommended Game-only steps for Quad core users only
Windows 7 and Vista
- Boot the game.
- Wait for the main menu to load, then press Ctrl-Alt-Delete.
- Select Start Task Manager.
- If the game is visible, press Alt-Tab, otherwise continue to the next step.
- Inside the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab.
- Find Saboteur.exe, right-click it, and select Set Affinity...
- De-select CPU 2 and CPU 3.
- Click OK.