Halo 3: ODST Tops September Sales as The Beatles: Rock Band Beats Guitar Hero 5
Bungie's stand-alone Halo 3 expansion topped the NPD sales charts in September, beating Wii Sports and Madden NFL 10 by a significant margin with over 1.5 million units sold.
Also notable was the performance of The Beatles: Rock Band, which clearly beat Guitar Hero 5 sales on Xbox 360 despite launching nine days later. The Wii version of The Beatles also came in strong, selling enough units to claim the tenth place on the list.
The top selling games of September follow:
- Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360) - 1,520,000 units
- Wii Sports Resort (Wii) - 442,900
- Madden NFL 10 (Xbox 360) - 298,600
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (DS) - 258,100
- The Beatles: Rock Band (Xbox 360) - 254,000
- Madden NFL 10 (PS3) - 246,500
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (Xbox 360) - 236,000
- Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3) - 212,500
- Guitar Hero 5 (Xbox 360) - 210,800
- The Beatles: Rock Band (Wii) - 208,600