Coming to Xbox 360 as an Xbox Live Arcade download and PC via Steam, the game is said to feature PopCap's addictive color-matching puzzler Bejeweled Twist "at its core." BOOM video 2642
"We've always enjoyed a strong partnership with PopCap Games and Gyromancer represents our goal of developing unique gaming experiences," explained Square Enix CEO John Yamamoto. "We believe that Gyromancer will appeal not only to core gamers, but will further introduce the RPG genre to casual gamers as well."
"Gyromancer is a cool puzzle/RPG hybrid that uses Bejeweled Twist's game mechanic at the heart of its battle system," added PopCap CCO Jason Kapalka. "We've worked with Square Enix as a distribution partner in Japan for several years, and it was fun to collaborate with them in a more creative way on Gyromancer."
And while don't have a release date quite yet, we do have this fact sheet:
Rivel, leader of the rebel faction Temperance and sorcerer vessel of the Godseye, follows Qraist, the countslayer, into the enchanted Aldemona Wood. The wood whispers to the two. For Rivel, the wood holds the key to his locked memories. For Qraist, the wood holds his calling -- to be its master. Unbeknownst to either, the nefarious Everett watches quietly from the shadows. Within this enchanted wood, severed from the outside world by ritual, lie mysteries and answers, knowledge and wonder. Each enters in search of something -- but what is it they will find?
- Assume the role of Rivel, a deadly mage, as he rids Aldemona Wood of a brooding darkness through over 10 compelling game stages
- Experience an all-new battle system based on the popular puzzle game Bejeweled Twist
- Command over 50 unique beasts! Powerful new beasts can be acquired as players gain levels in battle
- Search the map for items, coins and new beasts to join Rivel's fight
- Participate in the online ranking system to register high scores