June NPD Sales: Prototype Tops Another Slow Month
Overall videogame industry sales dropped 31% in June when compared to last year, as Radical's open-world title Prototype topped the North American software sales chart.
"While this is solid performance for new IP, it's a relatively modest sales figure for any game capturing the top spot for the month," said NPD analyst Anita Frazier of Prototype's roughly 600k+ sales across both platforms.
The full list of software and hardware sales follows:
"The Xbox 360 is the only platform to have realized a unit sales increase over last June," said Frazier of the hardware chart. "While Wii sales are down from last year, the platform is still realizing very strong sales month after month. Compared against historical performance of other systems this far into the console lifecycle, the unit sales performance is still strong."
- Prototype (Radical, 360) - 419,900 units
- UFC 2009 Undisputed (Yuke's Osaka, Xbox 360) - 338,300 units
- EA Sports Active Bundle (EA Sports, Wii) - 289,100 units
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (EA Sports, Wii) - 272,400 units
- Wii Fit (Nintendo, Wii) - 271,600 units
- Fight Night Round 4 (EA Sports, 360) - 260,800 units
- Fight Night Round 4 (EA Sports, PS3) - 210,300 units
- Mario Kart (Nintendo, Wii) - 202,100 units
- Red Faction: Guerilla (Volition, 360) - 199,400 units
- Infamous (Sucker Punch, PS3) - 192,700 units
- Nintendo DS - 766,500 units
- Wii - 361,700 units
- Xbox 360 - 240,600 units
- PlayStation 3 - 164,700 units
- PSP - 163,500 units
- PlayStation 2 - 152,700 units