Update: "We have nothing to confirm regarding the C&C franchise at this time," Electronic Arts told us when asked about the survey and existence of Command & Conquer 4.
Original: An online survey apparently conducted on behalf of publisher Electronic Arts contains word of the unannounced Command & Conquer 4 and numerous details. nope
Among those details are gameplay features, such as persistent "RPG-like" progression, along with possible features for a "future version" of the real-time strategy series.
Developer EA Los Angeles, responsible for the most recent entries in the Westwood-created franchise, has previously teased that "there's a really bright future for Command & Conquer, especially the Tiberium universe."
As Command & Conquer 4 has not been officially announced, and this is a survey meant to gauge interest and reactions, there's no confirmation that the below points will make it into the inevitable sequel. We've also reached out for EA for clarification.
Now we would like to tell you about a new Command & Conquer game. Please read the following description.
Command & Conquer 4 allows C&C fans to finally experience the epic conclusion to the 15-year Tiberium saga with innovative RPG-like player progression, persistent in both single player and Multiplayer modes, co-op play, and new stylized, live-action cinematics.
Which of the following features would you like to see in a future version of Command & Conquer?
- Play in the first RTS game with MMORPG like player progression in which you are rewarded every time you play. Every unit you kill in single player, multiplayer, or skirmish gives you experience points that allows you to level up your abilities and unlock new units, powers, and upgrades to your arsenal.
- Play with all new, bigger and badder, units from GDI and Nod, including the Crawler, the first ever mobile base in RTS games
- Play the campaign on your own or tackle it with a friend, as co-operative campaigns return
- Play in epic 5 vs 5 online multiplayer with all new objective-based game modes
- Introducing the first mobile base in RTS games: The Crawler. Focus on the action as the Crawler becomes your all-in-one base, which can be deployed and redeployed anywhere on the battlefield for even more strategic options
- Dive into an all-new story written by a new scriptwriting team and told through trademark C&C cinematics taken to the next level with grittier, stylized FMVs in the vein of Minority Report.
- Play in the first ever class-based C&C game - a new challenge for C&C and RTS players to master
How interested would you be in participating in a beta program for Command & Conquer 4 if it were made available?
In addition, the survey asks participants about the importance of a demo, their use of digital distribution outlets, downloadable content, system requirements, and the various features they find integral to a real-time strategy game.
Thanks to thomo08109 for the tip.