After combing through financial reports and rooting around in bins, Shacknews offers the following list of worldwide lifetime console sales:
- Nintendo DS - 101.78 million units (as of March 31 2009)
- Nintendo Wii - 50.39 million units (as of March 31 2009)
- PSP - 50 million units (as of February 13 2009)
- Xbox 360 - 30 million units (as of May 28 2009)
- PlayStation 3 - 22.91 million units (as of March 31 2009)
Microsoft also boasts it leads current-generation consoles in attach rate, with 8.3 titles being bought per console, as well as sales for third-party developers--$5.9 billion.
On the community front, Xbox Live's 20 million active accounts have downloaded nearly 1 billion pieces of Marketplace content. Sony announced in February that the PlayStation Network had 20 million registered users, though this includes forum and PSP accounts.