Moving on from BioWare's Dragon Age: Origin hype fiasco, Electronic Arts today announced a few more details on the fantasy role playing game.Noting that Dragon Age is the "spiritual successor" to Baldur's Gate, EA promises that the game will feature "stunning visuals, emotionally-driven narrative, heart-pounding combat, powerful magic abilities and credible digital actors". Additionally, gamers can look forward to dark and mature gameplay. The publisher also revealed that the PC-exclusive game will be shipping early 2009.
Click through for a bullet list of game features, some of which will be demonstrated during E3 this week.
- Epic Party-Based Combat - Dragon Age: Origins will introduce an innovative, scalable combat system, as players face large-scale battles and use their party's special abilities to destroy hoardes of enemies and massive creatures.
- Powerful Magic - Raining down awesome destruction on enemies is even more compelling as players apply "spell combos," a way of combining together different spells to create emergent unique effects.
- Deep Customization - Players will develop their characters and gain powerful special abilities (spells, talents and skills) and discover ever-increasing weapons of destruction.
- Your Story, Your Way - With its emotionally compelling story, players choose with whom they wish to forge alliances or crush under their mighty fist, redefining the world with the choices they make and how they wield their power.
- Origin Stories - Players will select and play a unique prelude that provides the lens through which the player sees the world and how the world sees the player. The player's choice of Origin will determine who they are and where they begin the adventure, as they play through a customized story opening that profoundly impacts the course of every adventure.