The sales spike for the action-RPG compilation--which hit in late 2003 and packs Diablo, Diablo II, and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction--came in advance of Diablo 3's official revelation, which occurred on June 28.
Following the announcement of Diablo 3, the Diablo Battle Chest was the best-selling PC title on Amazon.com as of July 3, according to Gamasutra. However, NPD has yet to issue its data, which is culled from multiple retailers, for the week following June 28.
The Battle Chest marked one of two new titles on the list over last week's data. The Sims 2 IKEA Home Stuff Expansion Pack represents the other new entry.
The 10 best-selling PC games for the week ending June 28 were:
- Spore Creature Creator (EA Maxis)
- The Sims 2 IKEA Home Stuff Expansion Pack (EA Maxis)
- The Sims 2 Double Deluxe (EA Maxis)
- World Of Warcraft: Battle Chest (Blizzard)
- Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures (Funcom)
- World Of Warcraft (Blizzard)
- The Sims 2 FreeTime Expansion Pack (EA Maxis)
- The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff Expansion Pack (EA Maxis)
- Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Infinity Ward)
- Diablo Battle Chest (Blizzard)