Released two weeks ago, the utility--offered as a free trial and a $10 retail purchase--allows customers to sample the creation tool from the anticipated life sim Spore, due out September 7 on PC and Mac. Over one million creative, bizarre, and sometimes vulgar monstrosities have since been made.
Spore Creature Creator beat out EA Maxis' The Sims 2 Double Deluxe and Funcom's Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures, respectively placed in second and third. An official tally of units sold was not made available by the NPD.
The week's top 10 best-selling PC games are viewable below:
- Spore Creature Creator (EA Maxis)
- The Sims 2 Double Deluxe (EA Maxis)
- Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures (Funcom)
- World Of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Expansion Pack (Blizzard Entertainment)
- World Of Warcraft (Blizzard Entertainment)
- World Of Warcraft: Battle Chest (Blizzard Entertainment)
- The Sims 2 FreeTime Expansion Pack (Blizzard Entertainment)
- The Sims 2 Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff Expansion Pack (EA Maxis)
- Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Infinity Ward)
- Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures (Traveller's Tales)