Beyond Good & Evil 2 'More Accessible' Than Original, Says Ubisoft

By Nick Breckon, May 29, 2008 10:25pm PDT The sequel to Ubisoft's action-adventure title Beyond Good & Evil will appeal to casual gamers moreso than the first game, Ubisoft president Yves Guillemot said at the recent Ubidays press event in Paris.

"We saw with Beyond Good & Evil that so many customers were extremely happy with the game," said Guillemot to Next-Gen. "We had a different audience at that time. We had more core gamers than casual gamers than we have today."

"We think the game was probably a little too difficult for the general gamers at that time. We're going to make [Beyond Good & Evil 2] more accessible and make sure that it's really done for the new generation that's come into video games."

Beyond Good & Evil was a hit with critics after its release in 2003, but ended up a financial disappointment for Ubisoft. The game has since gathered a cult following of fans.

The sequel was announced by Ubisoft earlier this week. Series creator Michel Ancel is on board to helm the anticipated project.

Click here to comment...

advertisement

Comments

See All Comments | 31 Threads | 62 Comments