Stage 2 of the Overwatch League continues and has reached its halfway point. We're now three weeks into Stage 2 and Shacknews is making sure to keep up with the action as closely as possible. Let's look at the standings ahead of the fourth week of action. Remember that the top six teams will advance to the playoffs at the end of all stages of the regular season, but also keep in mind that we're rapidly approaching the end of Stage 2, where another Stage playoff is set to begin for a bonus prize pot.
Standings After Stage 2, Week 3 (Win-Loss, Map Differential)
- 1. New York Excelsior (14-2, +36)
- 2. Seoul Dynasty (13-3, +23)
- 3. London Spitfire (11-5, +23)
- 4. Los Angeles Valiant (11-5, +16)
- 5. Houston Outlaws (10-6, +14)
- 6. Philadelphia Fusion (9-7, -3)
- 7. Boston Uprising (8-8, +2)
- 8. Los Angeles Gladiators (8-8, 0)
- 9. San Francisco Shock (5-11, -13)
- 10. Dallas Fuel (5-11, -15)
- 11. Florida Mayhem (2-14, -34)
- 12. Shanghai Dragons (0-16, -49)
Game of the Week
Readers may notice that the New York Excelsior and Seoul Dynasty are starting to pull away at the top of the standings. The London Spitfire tried to join them, but they got tripped up by the Los Angeles Gladiators. The Gladiators not only gave the Stage 1 Playoff winners a fight, but they had the London team reeling throughout the series.
Part of that is because one of the Gladiators players entered this game with a bit of a chip on his shoulder. That man was Chan-hyung "Fissure" Baek, who was traded to the Gladiators earlier this season. Fissure spent most of his London tenure on the bench, but he came into last week ready to play and show his old team what they missed. Fissure switched off between Winston and Orisa and stunned the Spitfire with his proficient tank play, shining on both defense and offense.
The other MVP of the series was Lane "Surefour" Roberts, who switched between locking down the Spitfire as Sombra and raining down death from above with Pharah. London ultimately bounced back to take the final map, but the Gladiators showed themselves as a team on the rise.
Stage 2, Week 4 Schedule
This is the schedule for the fourth week of Stage 2:
- Boston Uprising v. Dallas Fuel - 3/14, 4PM PT
- New York Excelsior v. Seoul Dynasty - 3/14, 6PM PT
- Philadelphia Fusion v. Shanghai Dragons - 3/14, 8PM PT
- Shanghai Dragons v. New York Excelsior - 3/15, 4PM PT
- Florida Mayhem v. Los Angeles Valiant - 3/15, 6PM PT
- Houston Outlaws v. Los Angeles Gladiators - 3/15, 8PM PT
- Los Angeles Gladiators v. Florida Mayhem - 3/16, 4PM PT
- London Spitfire v. San Francisco Shock - 3/16, 6PM PT
- Los Angeles Valiant v. Boston Uprising - 3/16, 8PM PT
- Seoul Dynasty v. London Spitfire - 3/17, 1PM PT
- San Francisco Shock v. Houston Outlaws - 3/17, 3PM PT
- Dallas Fuel v. Philadelphia Fusion - 3/17, 5PM PT
All of the action can be seen on the Overwatch League Twitch channel or on the Overwatch League website. For more on the League, be sure to check out our recent interview with Overwatch League Commissioner Nate Nanzer.