French developer Atelier 801 is just about ready to release their latest creation upon the world. Their free-to-play co-op MMO zombie apocalypse survival title, Dead Maze will be launching for PC on February 13th. Dead Maze is pure co-op with no PvP elements whatsoever. Players will have to work together in order to survive by building a sustainable base, making sure there are enough rations to keep people healthy, and, of course, beat up some undead hordes. The latest press release laid out some of the title's core features and future updates:
- Cooperation is key: in this game with no player versus player combat, you have to work together to explore high-risk, high-reward instances in a ravaged modern world. Scavenge for resources, craft life-saving supplies and fight off the ever-present hordes of infected.
- Face not only the undead, but also hunger, thirst, injuries, and diseases. Ration your food and drinks, and monitor your health
carefullythrough the in-depth survival mechanics.
- Establish your camp and build and furnish your own home with the help of others. Plant seeds and tend to your vegetable gardens or breed cattle to gain access to extra food sources such as milk.
- Watch out: the infected work together using an advanced AI design and will gather together before attacking. They come in many different shapes and sizes, from violently exploding infected capable of attracting even more undead, to bosses able to project more infected towards you.
- From kitchen knives to old undergarments, use any of the 500+ items to defend yourself and defeat the hordes of infected.
- Choose and change which archetype to play at any time thanks to versatile skills, gear, and scavenged items, from being a healer supporting others, to DPS or powerful tank.
- A compelling story and strong cast of supporting characters will guide you at launch across a dozen different locations and 22 major quests. The mission to survive doesn’t end there, as the story will continue to be expanded after the official launch of Dead Maze with new missions and chapters.
- Much more content to be added after launch, including the upcoming map editor which allows you to create your own adventures, play through them with your friends, and share them with the whole community.
After watching the trailer, I'm getting a real Diablo meets Zombies Ate My Neighbors vibe from Dead Maze. Players will be able to try the free-to-play title on PC starting on February 13th.