Sprint Vector is a high-speed VR game that is optimized by Intel and stands to set a new benchmark for virtual reality experiences. The potential for motion sickness is high with these immersive experiences, so developers are constantly testing the water to see how intense things can get before players are disoriented by different forms of input. After some extensive testing, the Survios development team has finally revealed the release date for Sprint Vector: February 8 on HTC Vive/Oculus Rift and February 13 on PSVR.
In Sprint Vector, players will swing their arms to gain speed as they race through various tracks riddled with obstacles. You'll weave in and out of curves, climb over short barriers, climb massive walls, jump and glide over chasms, and more. Input in Sprint Vector did feel natural once I spent some time with it, but the devs have uploaded tutorials for HTC Vive and Oculus Rift on their YouTube channel.
Survios revealed the news on their official blog and shared that it will launch will all of the following content:
- Competitive multiplayer matches: Public and private online multiplayer modes pit up to eight players against each other in intense, high-speed races as you vie for a spot on the Global Leaderboards.
- 12 competitive race tracks: Scale towering pyramids and plunge into alien ruins, leap across bottomless pits while dodging debilitating blobs of sludge, or survive the trap-riddled streets of an ancient city. A dozen complex race courses full of obstacles, alternate paths, and game-changing power-ups make for endless replay value.
- Customizable solo play: Run the course at your own pace and learn the ropes with customizable solo game settings.
- Nine challenge courses: Take on these diabolical courses designed to test your sprinting prowess to the extreme. Tackle three specific challenges across nine single-player challenge courses with Local and Global Leaderboards.
- Eight intergalactic competitors: Choose from eight colorful characters pulled from every corner of the galaxy, from notorious street artist Daxx to ethereal Luna to streetwise hammerhead Hendrix, each with multiple skins to unlock.
- Power-ups galore: Utilize a wide range of power-ups, from explosive proximity mines to nitro speed and racer-seeking rockets, to gain an advantage over the competition.