Console players recently had their opportunity to try out the Call of Duty: WWII multiplayer beta. PC players, however, remain patiently waiting, but those users just got some good news from Activision and Sledgehammer Games. The CoD: WWII multiplayer beta is set to launch on the weekend of September 29 and unlike the console beta, this one will be open to all players.
Sledgehammer Games made the announcement on its website on Thursday afternoon. The idea will be to test the game's systems, as well as allow Sledgehammer to optimize the eventual final product ahead of its November release.
Minimum PC specs were also specified:
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit or later
- CPU: Intel Core i3 3225 or equivalent
- RAM: 8 GB RAM
- HDD: 25 GB HD space
- Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 @ 2 GB/AMD Radeon HD 7850 @ 2GB or better
- DirectX: Version 11.0 compatible video card or equivalent
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
Final PC specs are expected to be shared after the beta will be finalized closer to the game's launch.
The Call of Duty: WWII open beta will launch on Steam on September 29 and run through October 2. The final version is set to hit PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 on November 3.